- A 2:2 honours degree or above. At least 50% of content must be in a relevant subject (Maths, English, Physics, Chemistry or a modern foreign language for secondary education)
- If you have less than 50% subject in your degree, you can be considered for our preliminary Subject Knowledge Enhancement courses in some subjects.
- GCSE grade C or above in English Language and Mathematics or equivalent qualifications. If you want to teach primary or key stage 2/3 (ages 7 to 14), you must also have achieved a standard equivalent to a grade C in a Science GCSE.
- We strongly recommend that you obtain a minimum of 10 days secondary school experience in a mainstream UK secondary school observing a class in your chosen teaching specialism before applying.
- You must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the current nature of teaching and learning in relation to the subject in which you wish to train.
- A satisfactory academic (university) reference OR a satisfactory professional reference if more than three years since academic study.
All candidates must demonstrate professional suitability through interview and must obtain medical and enhanced DBS clearance according to established university procedures.